Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

Day 246: Creaking

Flu hasn’t abated. Woke up creaking, sore, decidedly unwell. Had to push myself to finish the post last night - was I writing about dinosaur nomenclature? Huh? - and when I finished I was wiped out. Tried to meditate but everything ached, my brain was on fire, so crawled to bed with my book, managed half a paragraph, before slumping down into delirious slumber.

Work now. Ten hour shift on what, if yesterday is anything to go by, promises to be a disgusting Saturday filled with roaming packs of feral dad-lads unleashed from their families and stalking the streets, searching for meaning in the bottom of pints of mainstream lagers.

If I worked in an office I’d call in sick today. Just going to have to load up on paracetamol and caffeine and wade on through.

......

Well, I’m home. Work was quiet. Thank God, was all I could do to be there, to stay upright, to exist. Spent time organising staff files, pottered on glasses, downed pints of Lemsip Max. Left early, had tea, been sat half asleep in front of PC for the last hour.

Open tomorrow, then not in till the close NYE, so an evening then a morning to recuperate. Luverly.

......

Music: Stan Getz and The Oscar Peterson Trio. JAZZ!

3 comments:

  1. Feel better soon. So sorry you're poorly well done for working through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Lemsip and lemon and honey are my friends :)

      Delete
    2. There are worse friends to have. Sending a get well hug

      Delete