Pages

Thursday 20 September 2018

Day 146: Raining

It is raining and I stay indoors. The rain beats against the windows. It runs in waves down the tiles of the roof. Raindrops slither rhythmically along the telephone wires. I sit and watch out of the window. Down the hill distant buildings loom from the glowering fog. A student walks by on the street, her head bowed, her hands in her pockets. It rains and it rains. The patter against the tin coating on the lip of the window. The channel into the drain at the side of the road. All the cars have their windscreen wipers wiping at full speed. The wheels of the cars splash up water as the vehicles pass. A fine spray wets my face from the rain hitting the open window.

I have work with Steve soon, the pack-down of the display we put up yesterday. Before then I stay inside, watch game design videos on YouTube, play Hollow Knight, feel nicely glum. The rain falls, and my thoughts fall with it, splishing sploshing on the ground.

1 comment: