Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Day 186: Vines

Blessed day off. But I slept late, then did nothing until Mike came round to play on the PlayStation. He wanted to see the cowboys on Red Dead. We ate French pastries and drank coffee, while in the game Mike rode my favourite horse off a cliff. Dammit Mike.

After he left I started feeling sad, the sadness descended like evening mist, blanketing everything, and I just sat doing missions on Red Dead and slumping further down in my chair. I finally turned the game off and decided I had to get moving and get out of the house. Then I sat for a while longer. Then I remembered I hadn't done social media posts for work, so I sorted that...

...And then next I knew two hours had passed and I was submerged in classic Vines compilations on YouTube, utterly lethargic, and weirdly nostalgic for an iteration of the Internet that is now dead, which is a strange thing to be nostalgic about.

I flat out couldn't leave the house by this point, so I convinced myself it would save money to just eat cereal and brioche and a banana for tea, which I guess it did, but it didn't exactly feel like I was living my best life. As a compromise I put a load of clothes to wash, which I'd earlier decided to leave till tomorrow, despite having worn the same jeans for about eighteen days now. So I washed the clothes, ate dinner à la depression, and slouched back to YouTube.

Now the day is over, I'm back at work tomorrow, and my room smells of wet underwear. But at least my horse survived the fall.

I'm going to write today off as a non-starter, throw it in the bin, start again in the morning. Bubye.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the next day was better. I am really enjoying reading your writing. It's eloquent, evocative and often hits a nerve. Thank you

    ReplyDelete