Pages

Monday 5 November 2018

Day 191: Verdant

Just a little one for tonight. Fran is lying in my bed, and the light and the typing keep her awake, so I don't want to be too long. It’s late anyway, and I’m full of fish and chips, and I’m tired like you wouldn’t believe.

We had a long relationship talk this evening. Being an adult is hard, and messy, and there are no obvious answers. But we're doing the best we can. I think that's all any of us can do.

Check this out though. It’s a picture I asked my friend Jackson to draw for the blog, and he’s knocked it right out of the park. I love his style so much, the detail, the curlicues, the flow and the verdant decomposing sense of life. I’m still not sure how I’m going to use the picture, my Blogger template doesn’t allow for header images, and my web design skills are paltry, and probably the whole blog needs an overhaul - but it’s finding the time, the energy, as with everything else.

But regardless, the artwork is fantastic. It's exactly what I was picturing when I gave him the vaguest, least helpful spec imaginable. Thankfully he somehow went and drew precisely what was in my head. Go check out his stuff on Instagram, it’s seriously the best.

Anyway, I’ve got a bed to jump in and a girlfriend to go snuggle down next to. See you for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment