Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Day 193: Gammy

Maah maah maah. Don’t want to do my writing today. My chores. My stupid chores. Whose idea was it to write one of these every nobbing day? What an idiot. Let’s fire that guy. Bring back the guy who let us sleep all day.

In fairness I have been sleeping for at least some of today. Worked the close last night, then home to finish my post, then back up for a staff meeting at 9am. Came home later and snoozed in bed, did social media for work, and just been sitting around since then. Soaking my eye, which has got infected and gammy, maybe from splashing line cleaner in it last week, maybe from rubbing it because of the line cleaner. While applying the warm compresses I’ve been watching South Park online, of which show I’ve only seen odd episodes over the past probably five years. I’ve never watched it religiously, I’m not especially drawn to it, although I always find something to appreciate when I do watch it. Anyway, I’ve been binging season 20, where they lampoon the last presidential election and gender wars and online trolling and franchise reboots cashing in on easy nostalgia. It all swirls together so cleverly, after twenty years on TV by this point it’s astounding how much energy they find to keep constantly refreshing it.

Going to have another cup of tea, do my eye again, maybe check in on Red Dead, and then get to bed, rest before a 7am delivery shift tomorrow.

Not even going to bother saying it’s OK that some days I only have the energy for this. That’s obviously true. I’m pushing myself as hard as my tired, lazy arse can handle. It’s all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment