Pages

Thursday 29 November 2018

Day 215: Asloop

Phlarph. That’s the noise my brain is making as it tries to think right now. It’s like trying to run an electrical current through a bag of wet cement. Nothing doing.

Writing till 5am last night, head a throbbing mess lying in bed, too blasted to sleep. Then was asloop - that’s a layer deeper than regular asleep, a layer deeper yet somehow less rejuvenating - was asloop until this afternoon. Got up and ate fruit in a daze, showered, went to work, somehow got through a terrible shift, just the worst, so busy and grim, now here I am, with my soggy cement head, just trying to find any words to fill this space so I can go back to bed and sleep - or sloop, probably - for six hours before I have to get up for the open again.

Woe is me, etc.

Maybe I’ll take the posts from the last two days and expand them - or rethink and condense them - at some point in the future. Certainly a lot in there that’s been on my mind of late, though I don’t know if I said anything that wasn’t completely obvious in my late night ramblings. Ahh well, there’s a limit to how astute you can be at 3 in the morning. I did my best. Got it all down to explore more another day.

That’s it. That’s all I got.

Music, though! Tonight: Xtal by Aphex Twin. Somehow I didn’t know this, although I like ambient/IDM. This is the opening track from his first full-length album, Selected Ambient Works 85-92, and makes me feel like I’m in a taxi with my head resting against the glass speeding through the early morning drizzle back from a scuzzy warehouse rave a decade or more ago. All energy and commotion over, the morning sky expanding, a gentle beat and a gently clenching jaw guiding the way home.

2 comments: