Pages

Saturday 2 February 2019

Day 280: Glow

I'm doing better again. Basically back to my old self. By which I mean neurotic, exhausted, wracked with negative thoughts, utterly lost and confused - but trundling along pretty well, all things considered. Certainly I'm not in the pit of vipers as I was a few days ago.

It's good to be out. It is. To breathe freely. Not to feel the universe pressing down, pinning me to the spot, crushing me.

I didn't cope with this latest fall into depression as well as I would have liked, but I did cope better than I have in the past. I messaged people close to me, I took a single day off work, I tried to be kind to myself. I still spent far too long hiding from the pain by scrolling social media, watching mindless nothings on YouTube; I ate loads of junk food, stayed up too late, fell asleep to the glow of Netflix past 3am, lounged in bed till after midday - but I have definitely done worse. It was only a few days, and although the depression hurt, I didn't fall into despair to such an extent as I have done, and I came out the other side easier than before.

All of which is good. But it is late again, was working a long shift today, and in tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that.

So I'd better get some rest. Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. Good work. Ebbs and flows it will but you recognised and self cared that's amazing x

    ReplyDelete