Pages

Friday 8 February 2019

Day 287: Jostling

Woke up out of suffocating stress dreams with the mother of all migraines today. Thought I was going to vomit swinging myself up out of bed, the pain rolling around in my head like cannonballs in a ship’s hull on stormy seas. Get these headaches in the morning sometimes, usually I can rise through them, they recede after drinking water and splashing my face and making coffee (maybe caffeine withdrawal if I’m late getting up is starting in?). But I did all these things today and the migraine only got worse. Showered and dressed. Migraine got worse. Ate. Migraine worse. Couldn’t see. Thoughts were heavy objects, crowding my mind, jostling, churning my stomach. Eventually had to take paracetamol and codeine and lie back in bed. Even that - codeine is normally the only thing that’ll cut through a migraine for me - but even that barely worked. After hours in bed I could get up and gingerly plod through my day off - I’d wanted a rest day, which I guess this was, but not in the way I’d hoped - and even now the migraine is hovering off in the background somewhere.

Stupid brain. I think my brain was just set up too tightly at the factory. I could do with a replacement. A new body would be great as well.

So yes, not had a productive day. Played guitar a little later on, I’ve got blisters on my first and third fingers coming up already, so mostly ran through some picking hand exercises and some beginner one-finger solo things, tested myself on notes on the neck.

Headache is coming back concentrating on this screen, better go. At work on the close tomorrow, so at least I get a lie in. Cool.

……

Music: Off the Handle by Rory Gallagher.

No comments:

Post a Comment