Pages

Monday 16 July 2018

Day 80: Sleeps

Heya cherubs. I've been doing so well with the blogging for these 80 days. So well with staying sober. But one aspect of self-improvement that has fallen somewhat by the wayside of late has been my sleeping pattern. I've slid back into the old routine of staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning (often admittedly to finish the blog post I didn't get time to write during the day), and then sleeping in until midday, getting up finally feeling groggy and lethargic and low, and beginning the process anew.

Which is fine. There's no point getting down on myself. I've been fighting a full-blown war against myself, against my mental health, on multiple fronts for 80 days now, and it's natural that some of those fronts will have been forgotten in the greater chaos.

But now I think is the time to rally my troops and refocus my efforts on these failing battlefields.

Also, somehow I've got away with a full week of opens at work, so I should really take the opportunity to get my body clock back in healthy sync now, while it makes sense for my shifts, while I can.

So I'm going to set myself the challenge of getting up no later than 7am, every day for a week, and see how that goes.

I'll keep you posted with the results. Probably over many, many coffees.

... I would write more now, but it looks like it's about bedtime. Eesh. This is going to be harder than I thought.

See you tomorrow. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment