Pages

Saturday 19 January 2019

Day 266: Dutch cinema

Well, bugger. Been out all day with my mum and uncle, left just enough time to set up the sofa bed in the front room of my mum's house and hunker down to write a blog post, probably the most poetic and erudite I'd ever have written, and then instead I stayed up with my uncle discussing the structure of the brain and the political dangers facing our society and 90s Dutch cinema and the vastness of the universe and the nature of being and how rad the first two Alien movies were, and now it's stupidly late and I've got work at 9 tomorrow and my mind is taut and sizzling and going soft at the edges.

Not that I'd change any of it, of course, and, man, those first two Alien films really were the best, the first transcending the horror genre to be a work of cinematic art, the second basically the apotheosis of schlocky b-movie sci-fi (They mostly come at night... Mostly)... but Christ, do I gots to sleep absolutely right this second.

I'm on till 5 tomorrow, then home to very probably nap, then I'll get back to serious writing.

Peace, love, sleep tight, don't let the xenomorphs bite. x

...... 

Music: Tibetan Pop Stars, by Hop Along. Fuzzy noise rock with a rasping, wailing female vocal and just the barest hint of emo sensibility. Wait, have I done another song by these guys? I like these guys, so what the hell. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment