Pages

Saturday 9 March 2019

Day 316: Orbit

Super tired, and I can feel my brain leaping around, all jagged, and being drawn towards negativity, because that’s where the gravitational force still lies, clumps of negativity that have been reinforced over the years, pulling in passing meteors of negative events, coalescing, forming planets that generate their own orbits. And it’s a constant effort to pilot my thoughts between these planets, navigate through the wilds of space burning thrusters whenever I’m close to negative thoughts that start drawing me in. And when I’m tired I’m pressing the little thruster button (or pushing on the thruster stick, how do thrusters work?) but it’s puttering and there’s no fuel left to use to blast me away. So I fall into the dark planets, which are maybe black holes, I don’t know, I haven’t thought this analogy through.

But then how true is all of that? Because I can feel myself now finding a gentler route. There’s a way to avoid the black holes that doesn’t involve using up depleted fuel reserves. There is a tractor beam locking on to you always, wherever you are in space, waiting to pull you in. It requires only your authorisation to begin. It permeates all matter, all distance, every moment in the universe.

It is the Borg, and resistance is futile.

Nah, I’m kidding. It’s love, innit.

Gonna go drink some Earl Grey now and watch an episode of The Umbrella Academy and let that loving tractor beam carry me to sleep. Ta ra x

No comments:

Post a Comment