Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Day 326: Crop

Wotcha. Home late from work, we had actors in right at the end, dreaded actors, wanting to celebrate coming off stage, wanting to let loose, unable to see our pain and drudgery, our desire to close up shop and fuck the fuck off home, dragging their feet, drinking up at snail’s pace, distracting us asking where else they should go (I dunno. Not here), disappearing to the toilet one at a time as we tried to corral them to the door.

I mean, I knew a few of them, and they were all lovely and charming and grateful, but some nights you just don’t want actors. Some nights you want one old fella who calls you son and sees the tiredness in your bones and asks in an easy way whether it’s too late for a drink, and when you say of course not orders an easy ale, and thanks you, and tells you to keep the change, and to keep your chin up, and that the night will be over soon.

Anyway, back now, done a bit of photography research, some browsing of lenses - my 50mm is actually a 75mm when attached to my cropped sensor body (cheaper DSLRs crop the centre of the image), which is nice for product shots at work, or portraits, but not at all versatile for street or architecture or landscape work - so maybe I want a 35mm next (52.5mm on my body), or a 28mm (42mm). Or perhaps I save instead for a new body, or a mirrorless Fujifilm or something. Decisions decisions…

Going to bed now, don’t want to sleep through my day off tomorrow. I haven’t watched a film yet, need to do that, and write a review, when I get up.

Until then,

Toodles x

No comments:

Post a Comment